Tuesday, July 18, 2006


Okay, so I went to this amazing natural foods store in Spring Grove, Pa on Saturday. It was recommended by my friend Jess, and as the hubby was watching the munchkin...I thought a little "me time" was in order. So I was a organic store virgin, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was like a giddy school girl, wandering down the aisles, studying everything. You could tell most of the people that were there had been there a million times, and they buzzed around me, smiling at my obvious newbie-ism.

I ended up buying a lot of little things. They have a bulk foods room that was awesome, so I "tried" small amounts of everything that sounded appetizing. I also picked up some marinated tofu for a recipe I was trying. This was my first experience with tofu, and the end result was decent. I think that if I was a "tofu eater" it would have been really good. However, I'm not overly keen on the texture of it. I breaded and fried it in small chunks, but the longer you chewed, the bigger they seemed to get in your mouth. I plan to try it again, with an extra firm, non-marinated tofu. And a different recipe. I posted the photos below of my stir-fry. All things considered, a major breakthrough on the non-meat forefront. The hubby and I have decided rather than tofu-ing it, we'd rather just stir-fry veggies and serve over rice. Yum!




Above: The garlic herb marinated tofu.

Below: The tofu soy sauce stir-fry, recipe compliments of Kraft.com


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home